708. He instructed the bishop to build a church on the rocks just off the coast. St. Aubert ignored the angel’s instructions. Saint Michel decided to let St. Aubert know he was serious and proceeded to burn a hole in the bishop’s skull with his finger. Well, that seemed to do the trick and soon plans began to get underway.
I was just given the Liebster Award by @familytravelon! Many thanks!! What is a Liebster Award??? It’s an award given to new bloggers as a way to support fellow bloggers. Liebser is a German term of endearment meaning valued, dearest, beloved….so sweet, right? Below is my “interview” :
What got you into blogging?
I’ve recently moved back to the US after living in London for over 5 years with my husband and children. During our time abroad we took full advantage of the travel opportunities and explored a new country or city every month or so. Upon returning I was given an opportunity to write for a luxury home exchange company based in London called International Vacation Home Exchange IVHE.com. I currently blog for their website and submit articles about travel destinations, tips and other travel related content.
Are you an Introvert or Extrovert?
I’m never quite sure how to answer that question. As much as I love going to big social events (even if I don’t know a soul there) and being the last one to leave, I also enjoy a quiet night at home reading a good book. I once came across the term “ambivert” which was defined as someone who is a little of both. I’m not 100% sure it’s recognized by Webster’s but I’ll go with it as my “write-in candidate”. Ambivert.
How many posts do you create in a given week?
A fraction of the amount that I set out to complete – I know that much.
What is your biggest blogging challenge?
Not being able to stop editing and to just pull the trigger on the “send” button. I edit to death, then reedit, then I decide the original was better…and the cycle begins again. Never pick out paint colors with me…
What social media platform is your favorite to promote your blog?
I’d say Twitter – I like reading about different marketing tactics to get your tweets noticed. I love trying out something new that I read about and getting a few RTs as a result. It’s like winning on a scratch ticket.
Do you have a 5 year plan?
I often feel like I live in a perpetual 5 year plan as I haven’t lived anywhere in more than 5 years in a looooong time. So I’m sure in 5 years time I’ll be living somewhere new – just not sure where yet but I’m always up for a new adventure.
Where would your dream vacation be?
Currently topping my “Wanderlust List” is Myanmar (Burma). A friend recently visited there and I’m obsessed with the culture, people, topography, temples, balloons…everything about it and would hope to explore that part of the world at some point.
Who is your biggest blogging hero?
Any of the amazing writers out there who come up with creative content on a regular basis – regardless of the genre.
How long have you been blogging?
In a way, since 2009 as I journaled my travels after moving abroad with the plan of writing a “blog-style” book. I still plan on finishing that book but the focus has changed direction a bit so it’s a work in progress at the moment – but please be sure to keep on the lookout!
How happy are you with how your blog is going so far?
Like most people, I’m my own worst critic. I guess there’s always room for improvement and something to learn no matter what you are doing but I’m enjoying learning along the way.
Questions for my Nominees:
1) Tell us about the target audience of your blog?
2) Which one was your personal favorite blog and why?
3) What type of vacation would you say is your favorite and why?
4) Why did you decide to start blogging?
5) Who do you usually travel with?
6) How long have you been blogging?
7) What is the one thing you’d like to improve upon in regards to your blog?
8) What is the one (non-tech) item you can’t live without on vacation?
9) Where are you traveling to next?
10) Describe yourself in one sentence.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Share the award on your blog and social media pages
- Answer the 10 questions you were asked by your nominator
- Nominate 10 other new bloggers that you admire
- Notify your nominees via social media